Summer Care for Your Hair
Ladies when we are out in the sun having fun, it's important to properly care for your hair because summer activities can damage your tresses. The keyword this summer is MOISTURIZE! If you do not regularly moisturize your lace systems in the summer, they will become dry & brittle. Below are some tips to keeping your hair looking healthy and summer ready:
- Use a very light moisturizing spray everyday.
- Alternative between two hair systems to extend the life in each
- Stay away from hair products that contain alcohol, gels, and mineral oil.
- Wash your hair in lukewarm or cool water for hot water dries the hair out.
- Use a heat protectant prior to using any types of curling irons & flat irons
- Use flexi-rods when trying to achieve curls & waves
- Wear a satin bonnet/scarf nightly to protect your tresses from breakage & dryness
- Apply a light conditioner to the hair prior to swimming to reduce absorption of chlorine/salt
- Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove chlorine and salt from swimming
- Spray hair with sunscreen protection if staying outside in the sun for an extended time period
- Wear your hair up in buns or twists to protect your tresses from overexposure in the sun
Following these tips will help you survive through the summer months with beautiful gorgeous hair!