Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Care for your Hair

After spending the weekend with the family seeing the Armed Forces Air Show in DC this weekend, I thought I would do a post to give tips on how to care for your hair during the summer. I spent majority of my time outside on Saturday to watch the Military air craft do amazing things in the sky and I did not have to worry about sweating under my full lace hair system. I choose to wear my lace system without any glue or tape and survived the whole day with no slippage or readjusting. My secret...Shower-to-Shower powder. This is my weapon I use throughout the summer to stay dry & cool in the heat, so I thought I would rub some on my head. To my amazement it worked and I felt great all day! Okay let me stop babbling and get to my summer hair care tips.

Summer Care for Your Hair
Ladies when we are out in the sun having fun, it's important to properly care for your hair because summer activities can damage your tresses. The keyword this summer is MOISTURIZE! If you do not regularly moisturize your lace systems in the summer, they will become dry & brittle. Below are some tips to keeping your hair looking healthy and summer ready:

  1. Use a very light moisturizing spray everyday.
  2. Alternative between two hair systems to extend the life in each 
  3. Stay away from hair products that contain alcohol, gels, and mineral oil. 
  4. Wash your hair in lukewarm or cool water for hot water dries the hair out.
  5. Use a heat protectant prior to using any types of curling irons & flat irons
  6. Use flexi-rods when trying to achieve curls & waves
  7. Wear a satin bonnet/scarf nightly to protect your tresses from breakage & dryness
  8. Apply a light conditioner to the hair prior to swimming to reduce absorption of chlorine/salt
  9. Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove chlorine and salt from swimming
  10. Spray hair with sunscreen protection if staying outside in the sun for an extended time period
  11. Wear your hair up in buns or twists to protect your tresses from overexposure in the sun 
Following these tips will help you survive through the summer months with beautiful gorgeous hair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment