Saturday, May 26, 2012

Alopecia Has No Control

I woke up this morning doing my normal morning routine to get ready for the workday, and as I was cleansing my face that's when I noticed it! I small chunk of my bottom lashes are gone...they just said see ya, bye bye, I may come back again. So what's a girl to do?? Of course...run to her cosmetics container and find the right products that will camouflage the missing lashes. For those who do not know my story, I have had all three stages of alopecia, starting from alopecia areata in 2000, alopecia totalis in 2005, and alopecia universalis in 2008. My body has been slowly recovering from alopecia universalis since 2010. The products that I used to fill in the missing lashes were Maybelline's brown eyeliner and Rimmel's Glam Eyes mascara in Brown black.

Having Alopecia makes you become your own Makeup Artist. I am always trying different cosmetic products that will make my lashes look fuller and eyebrow look a little natural.  I am a stickler on my outer appearance because not only am I the CEO of Couture Lace Crowns, but I am also a Corporate Diva (Accountant) and have many faces to see. So I always want my first impression to be a fabulous & stylish one! If you have Alopecia, do not let it control your life. We have some many products in the market that will help us camoflouge the hair loss and keep it moving.

Eyelashes grew back in December 2011 from Alopecia Universalis
 
Missing chunks of eyelashes as of May 23, 2012 
Taken May 25, 2012 showing I control my life, not Alopecia

Stay Positive & Blessed
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment