|Source: Google Images|
Tips to Protecting Your Color-Treated Hair
- Use sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfate-free will not strip your hair color or dry out your tresses. It will maximize your hair color.
- Use a moisturizing conditioner that contains proteins. This will keeps the hair moisturized and avoid dryness and breakage.
- Wash hair once a week & Co-wash once a week. Washing the hair frequently during the week will lead to the color fading.
- Wash hair in cool water. Washing hair in cool water will seal the cuticles and retains the hair color.
- Minimize the use of heat on the hair. Too much heat will lead to dryness, breakage, and fading of color.
- Wear a satin bonnet & sleep on a satin pillow case. This is keep the hair moisturized throughout the night and keeps the hair manageable in the morning. Cotton scarves and pillowcases will absorb moisture from the hair causing dryness and breakage.