How to Use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo To Remove Residue:
- Step One: Prior to washing lace wig, gently remove all adhesive and tape using a cottonball soaked in a adhesive remover or 91% Alcohol.
- Fill a basin with lukewarm water, add your favorite clarifying shampoo, Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo, and 1/4 cup of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
- Spray the hair with Conditioner diluted w/water in a spray bottle. This helps that hair from swelling and frizzing up.
- Allow the lace wig to soak in the water for about five minutes, then using your fingers gently rub the adhesive area to help remove the residue.
- Rinse using lukewarm water
- If residue is still on the lace, repeat the process
- Apply conditioner to the hair, not the lace and allow it to sit for three to five minutes
- Rinse using cold water to seal the cuticles of the hair
- Apply your favorite serum & air dry
This is the process that I use to deep clean my lace wigs to remove the embedded residue that causes the unit to not bond properly.
What products do you use to remove the stubborn residue left behind on your lace wigs?