Monday, April 15, 2013

My Hair Is Thinning....What Should I Do?

Hi Couture Beauties! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had to do my dance mom thing with my daughter who had a hip hop performance over the weekend. Being a dance mom is a lot of work and I'm not even the one dancing...lol. Anyway, a question came up last week from someone I met on if I would recommend hair extensions for thinning hair. It really depends on the method used to install the hair extensions. If the hair extensions will be sewn to the your braided hair, my response would be "No". I understand that hair extensions are a huge trend because you see them being advertised everywhere, but they will only lead to more damage and hair loss when sewn to hair that is thinning. The hair extensions weighs down on your natural hair, which pulls it from the scalp and ultimately leads to hair loss.


Protective Styling for Thinning Hair

*First Option: You can wear your hair extensions by making a quick wig using a wig base and achieve the style you want with the hair. You natural hair can be wrapped or loosely braided in a flat style and you can wear your quick wig as protective styling. This method will lessen the stress of pulling on your natural hair and the exposure of the environment.  

*Second Option: Opt for a full lace or lace front hair system commonly referred to as lace wigs, which gives you the same if not more of an undetectable look. Lace wigs can last you up to two years depending on the care of the unit. To learn more about lace wigs, click here.
Quick Wig Made w/Hair Extensions...excuse the mannequin (never put near a lit candle..lol)
Lace Front Hair System



No comments:

Post a Comment