Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jazz Up Your Lace System With A Little Color

Coloring your lace system can be a very easy, simple, and safe process to complete depending on the products that are used. I usually color my units if the natural color is way too dark for my skin tone or if I just want a change. To lighten the hair to a subtle brownish color, I will use Jazzing Temporary Hair Color by Clairol Professional in Spiced Cognac with heat (microwave 20 second increments until color achieved) for a more permanent color. Prior to Alopecia Totalis, I would use Jazzing to color my natural hair because this was the safest hair color product to use. Not only does Jazzing conditions the hair, it has no ammonia or peroxide that would potentially damage the cuticles. To achieve a more vivid color, you can pre-lighten the hair prior to adding the color. Below is the photo of my original unit 100% Malaysian Remy Light Yaki before adding the color and a photo afterwards. Jazzing can be purchased at your local Sally's Beauty Supply store for under $6.

100% Malaysian Remy Light Yaki - Natural Color

100% Malaysian Remy Light Yaki - Colored using Jazzing Spiced Cognac
Photo credit: www.clairolpro.com

How are you spicing up your lace system?

XOXO, Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment