Sunday, January 5, 2014

{Beauty Product Review} Anastasia's Brow Genius in Brunette

Hi Beauties. Last month, I treated myself to several beauty gifts and one of them was the Anastasia's Brow Genius Kit in Brunette. I purchased this product at Sephora's for $24. I read in a few reviews that this product was perfect for Alopecians because it is waterproof so I had to try it. See below to see how it turned out.


What's in the kit? The kit comes with loose powder, clear waterproof gel, and brow brush w/ spooley blender.

How do I get waterproof brows? Ok beauties, per the instructions it's suppose to be a three step process Swipe, Mix, & Fix. But for me I had to Swipe, Mix, Fix, Conceal, & Pencil.

The Swipe and Mix steps did not turn out like the picture in the instructions. I used my Graftobian palette to sprinkle on some of the loose power. I swiped my brow brush on the end of the clear waterproof gel and mixed it with the loose powder. This part was a little messy because most of the product ended up on the brow brush versus the palette. I used one of my disposable spatulas to put the product back on the palette. When I achieved the desired consistency, I used to the brow brush to create my eyebrows. Because the brow genius is waterproof, you have to work in a fast pace because it dries pretty quickly.

See below for my final results with the Brow Genius Only & when I used my MAC eyebrow pencil in Spiked.

Anastasia's Brow Genius only
MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked used to even out the brows a little
Hair & Makeup: 16" Brazilian Light Yaki Full Lace-custom color (old waves from New Year's Eve created with curling wand),  MAC Mastermatch in 6.5,  ELF Golden Bronzer,  ELF Natural Palette Eyeshadow, L'Oreal leGloss in Saucey Mauve

Final Thoughts: The waterproof brows only lasted me about five hours due to my excessive oily skin. For me this would not be an everyday product to use due to the time is takes to mix the gel and powder and finally applying the brows. This would be great to use for special occasions.  I will stick to my MAC eyebrow pencil, but may try the Anastasia's Brow Wiz pencil. 

***Product was purchased by me with my own money & post is my personal reviews and opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment