Friday, August 3, 2012

Beauty Is As Beauty Does


"Beauty is as beauty does. We're remembered not by what we looked like but how we behaved and changed the lives of others." ~ Cristina Carlino

Bald & Beautiful
International Alopecia Day is tomorrow August 4th and to kick of the celebration, I want to give thanks & blessings to one of my dear friends Latina. She stands behind the meaning of "Beauty is as beauty does". I met Latina back in May through Alopecia World (a wonderful site to read, share stories & build friendships) and I remember her telling me that she could never go bald in public. After weeks of talking to each other and sharing stories as well as uplifting each other, Latina had the courage to be interviewed by the Daily Press to share her alopecia story with the world. I was in shock & in awe because it takes a lot of strength and courage to go public not only about having alopecia but showing a picture of being bald. This was something that she never wanted to do when I first met her. Latina inspires me everyday and makes me proud to be a woman with alopecia and not ashamed to tell others I'm bald....YES I'M BALD & BEAUTIFUL!!! ...thank you..lol. You can read more about Latina's story here.  

Wearing a Couture Lace Hair System - Brazilian Virgin
             

Bringing Awareness to Alopecia!!! 

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment