- Square face - a hair style that is highly textured and has soft edges will work best on your face. Also, because this shape of face tends to feature a prominent and angular jaw, you will want to have your hair in longer layers.
- Round face – try and de-emphasize that roundness. People with round faces tend to have very wide cheekbones. By styling the hair towards the face and adding volume to the bangs (fringe), you will achieve a better balance.
- Heart shaped face - will look best with chin level hair. This shape of face will also look good with bangs if the hair is short as it will minimize the forehead.
- Triangular face - look for a hair styles that provide volume in the crown. This helps the face look larger and more even.
- Oval face - you are one of the lucky ones! Because your features are even virtually any hair style will look good.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Choosing the Right Hair Style for your Face Shape
Sheldeez's Hair Salon located in Herndon, VA (Washington, DC Metro Area) gives a few pointers to help you choose the right style: