Friday, January 11, 2013

Reviving Your Lace System

Over the Christmas holiday, I wore my Brazilian lace unit (posted on Instagram several times) because I wanted that glamourous look! Only to be left with frizzy & poofy hair. I have deep conditioned this unit several times to revive it back to its original condition...mind you the unit is a little over six months old. The deep conditioning process does work, but when you wear your unit on a daily basis for months and it picks up the oils from your scalp the cuticles are bound not act right. 

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and searching the net about the bleach bath process and ended up following the process posted on Black Hair Media's blog. I've known about the process for some time, but never had a reason to try it until now. The bleach bath should be used as a last resort when all other options have been exhausted. You may be thinking that the bleach process sounds a little harsh for the hair, but I'm here to tell you that IT'S THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY UNIT! The bleaching process helps to reflatten the cuticles of the hair leaving you with detangled, smooth, bouncy, and flowing tresses. I was amazed at how my unit came out. Below are a few pics as I went through with the process. Before and after the bleach bath, seal your knots! 





Final results ... 

So if you are experiencing tangling, poofy, and frizzy hair try the bleach bath and watch you unit be revived to its original condition! Click here to read step by step instructions for the bleach bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment