Friday, September 6, 2013

Celebrating National Alopecia Awareness Month

Yes, Beauties! It's that time again to celebrate women, men, and children who have been affected by Alopecia. Living with hair loss and its unknown causes is a difficult journey to travel, especially if you are a woman or child. Unexpected hair loss can cause many different types of psychological issues and I feel that it is important to surround yourself with people who are experience the same or similar type of hair loss. Coming together as a community helps to build the first steps of self-esteem to know that you are not the only one suffering from hair loss. Over the years, the number of friends that I have increased quite a bit and majority of us have alopecia. We actually refer to each other as Alopecian sisters. 

Today,  the social media world is full pack with alopecia groups all over the world and it was not like this when I was initially developed alopecia back in 1999. If you or someone you know is living with alopecia refer him or her to one of the alopecia groups and organizations below. I highly recommend these groups because they are responsible for helping me to accept alopecia and move forward in my life. 



To further celebrate Alopecia Awareness, I will be doing Blue Beauty Giveaway in the next coming weeks! This giveaway is only for women with Alopecia. Stay posted and make sure you subscribe to my blog so you won't miss out on my giveaway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment