Saturday, January 28, 2012

To Be Bald or Not To Be Bald


When I developed alopecia totalis, I knew there was no way in the world I would expose my baldness in public. This was a hairdo that was just not for me. Some women can pull their baldness off and look good. I have accepted my alopecia, but that does not mean I have to accept being bald. You have to have the right shape of head to sport the bald look. I loved hair before I had alopecia and will continue to love hair. I want to say thanks to the people who developed the creation of wigs, lace wigs, extensions, etc…. I can do more with hair than I could before I developed alopecia. I love the fact that I can change my style within seconds and experiment with colors without thinking about the damages to my hair. That is one of the beauties of being an alopecian. Just like with shoes, you will not ever catch me leaving the house without my lace wig. Do you have alopecia totalis or universalis and refuse to be bald?

No comments:

Post a Comment