Saturday, March 10, 2012

Overactive Sebaceous Glands (Excessive Oiliness) & Alopecia


Excessive oiliness is something I struggle with on a daily basis. I never really had any problems with my skin until I developed alopecia areata thirteen years ago. My sebaceous glands became overactive causing excessive oil to be produced 20 times more than its normal production rate. For this reason, I rarely glue any of my lace wigs down with knowing my scalp will become oily in a matter of days. When I do glue my units down, I only have it attached for a week or less because the oil will start to break down the adhesive.  I wash my scalp everyday with Neutrogena T-Gel because the 2% Neutar helps to decrease oil production throughout the day. I am always trying new cosmetics, shampoos, and liquid adhesives that will help combat my oily skin.  

If you have alopecia and oily skin, what products do you use to minimize the oil production?  

No comments:

Post a Comment